- that we have the potential to grow and develop,
- that we are all unique, defined by our humanness and not by any disease or disorder,
- that we need to pay attention to all aspects of our lives – emotional, physical and spiritual, as well as practical and intellectual – in order to ease pain and tension, and find sense and direction in life.
I believe that given the support, encouragement and the right space to explore our emotions, we can all achieve far more than we think, create change around us and live more fulfilling, richer lives.
I would like to invite you to work with me to identify and develop your potential…
Dartmoor/South Devon – Newton Abbot, Dartington, Ashburton
I have many years experience in peer counselling (co-counselling) prior to my training in as a therapist. I have worked voluntarily as a counsellor with young people in schools through Young Devon, and also worked with C4C (Counselling For Carers) Devon, which provides counselling for long-term carers. I have also taught Person-Centered Counselling to students at Devon Counselling College in Newton Abbot.
- Working with young people
- Rebuilding relationships
- Gender issues
- Recovering from early hurt & trauma
- Reclaiming personal power
- Challenging & overcoming fears
I have a particular interest in social justice and equality, as I believe that many of the problems and challenges we face as individuals in our daily lives and that cause us emotional distress, are caused by problems within the increasingly dysfunctional society that we live in.
So it is not enough to change ourselves to fit the world – we also need to work towards changing the world to fit us better…
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Gestalt).
- As a Registered Member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP), I am bound by its Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy (see here) and subject to the Professional Conduct Procedure for the time being in force (see here).
- I hold a current Enhanced CRB (DBS) check to work with children and vulnerable adults.
Face-to-face, Phone, Skype & WhatsApp counselling available.
£15 for first , introductory session – subsequent sessions £30 (sessions are for 50 minutes). Block of 6 sessions advance fee £150.
Some limited low cost counselling (£20) may be available to students and those on low incomes, by arrangement.